Piano roll doesn't work, need help

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, newbie, first time installing LMMS, and was looking at a quick tutorial on Youtube and it suggested getting started with Piano Roll but I can't get it to work. I have attached a picture below. It just asks me to double click and I do and nothing happens. Clicking on piano keys doesn't play anything. Doesn't have those lines or grids where you can input notes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
musicmann wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:29 pm
Hi, newbie, first time installing LMMS
Hi, Welcome to the Forum musicmann !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
started with Piano Roll but I can't get it to work. It just asks me to double click and I do and nothing happens.
Piano-roll items we call segments, or blocks. A Segment is an item in song-editor, and when you double-click on that segment, It will open in piano-roll!
So even though piano-roll is a good place to start, you need to first click in song-editor, then you get this:
That item inside the red frame, that is a segment, and that is what you need to double-click on! -Or you could right-click and select open-in-piano-roll -That is up to you :)
In the new piano-roll, you then insert notes.
I have been told that my LMMS rookie-guide is helpful for new users -Link in signature