Export not working - MacOS Catalina

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Now I've got LMMS working with the Mixer etc., the only thing I think I have to do which I've not done so far is to get automation working.

A day or so back I managed to export audio tracks, and I've sent one or two to friends and family.

Now I'm finding that I can play with LMMS for a while, then try to get something exported, but the audo export stalls at about 99%. If the output is mp3, then a file is produced, which seems to work, but LMMS still stalls. If the output is wav, then only one minutes worth of output is produced. I'm not sure if this is a general problem with LMMS on the Mac, or if it's something to do with the particular combination of instruments I've put together.

Any suggestions about this?
I've been trying to test and investigate this further. I wondered if Loop markers need to be set. There are a couple of options for the export. One is just to export a Loop, the other is to suppress trailing silence.

I wondered if these need to be set in order to avoid the program going into an infinite loop and not terminating. However, I have tried a few of these options, and right now the behaviour still seems to always go into a non-terminating loop. Sometimes, however, there is an output file, but as noted before it is sometimes truncated. It is possible that the truncation is due to loop markers - I'll have to check.

It is disappointing that this keeps happening, and sometimes it's difficult to regain control of the machine, and the power off button has to be pressed to force it into shutdown mode, or at least to gain control of the Force Quit application. This is not ideal, though it's good that sometimes there is usable output - but this isn't guranteed.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm
not done so far is to get automation working.
Read:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Automation
export stalls at about 99%.
Is that in one specific project, or all projects?
Test export with same settings with:
projects\demos\Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (SecondFlight Remix).mmpz
If that exports correctly, you have an issue in your specific file
I downloaded and tried the Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (Second Flight Remix).mmpz file. It still hangs at 99% with a 16 bit 44kHz setting. I still have to Force Quit the LMMS program. However, the .wav file does seem to all be there - total length 4 mins 27 seconds.

I have a couple of other machines - I can maybe try on those - just not sure. Might be a Catalina issue.

I just saw another video about Vibed, which suggests that sometimes there are crashes due to synths etc. in a file, but I'm assuming that the Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (Second Flight Remix) is known to be "good".

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I will investigate further.
I went to one of my older computers - and had to run LMMS 1.3.1. I managed to load that demo file. It doesn't play well on that machine - I guess just not enough CPU power (only Core 2 Duo), or maybe the problems are due to memory speeds. However, I was able to export the .wav file - which ran to completion, and that also comes out at 4 minutes 27 seconds - and plays seemingly perfectly.

Now I don't know whather it's Catalina which is the problem, or whether I just need to find a different build of the latest versions for running on my i7 laptop.

I wasn't sure if I could take the suggested demo and import it to an earlier version of LMMS, but it seemed to work. I'm guessing that sometimes there are backward compatiblilty issues, and maybe sometimes forward compatibility issues.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:51 pm
I downloaded and tried the Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (Second Flight Remix).mmpz file. It still hangs at 99% with a 16 bit 44kHz setting. I still have to Force Quit the LMMS program. However, the .wav file does seem to all be there - total length 4 mins 27 seconds.
So you did get a freeze, but also an export.. odd
I'm assuming that the Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (Second Flight Remix) is known to be "good".
Yes That project is my testbed for functionality. It only uses default lmms content, but is pretty advanced.

dave2002-lmms wrote: LMMS 1.3.1. export the .wav file - which ran to completion, and that also comes out at 4 minutes 27 seconds - and plays seemingly perfectly.
Good thinking! This shows that you also got a complete export on Catalina, but why it kept hanging... idk..

If you really cant export from Catalina, and you cant find any issues with your hardware, then i think you should report the failed export:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/new/choose
Use the Issue-template!
I have tried a few of these options, and right now the behaviour still seems to always go into a non-terminating loop. omegle online
First off, Welcome to the Forum bryonzik !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

bryonzik wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 am
I have tried a few of these options, and right now the behaviour still seems to always go into a non-terminating loop.
Are you also using MAC Catalina?