Tempo Automation Track Causing Silence For VST

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello all. I'm using LMMS 1.2.1 on Windows 10.

I'm trying to create a tempo automation track for the free Spitfire LABS 'Moon Guitar' (same problem exists on their other free LABS releases also) that simply increases and then decreases. Everything proceeds as expected on the upwards curve of the automation track, however once it reaches the downwards curve, i.e. tempo decreasing I get silence, a few notes here and there and only hear a clear flow of notes when the curve has flattened. I have included a screenshot of the automation curve to hopefully make things clearer: https://imgur.com/a/9yJpgSx

This doesn't happen on the default instruments like 'Nescaline', which has prompted me to post this question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
RyanEdward wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:58 am
Hello all.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum RyanEdward !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
as automation track reaches the downwards curve, i.e. tempo decreasing I get silence
I think you can fix it, if you change the notes from being in 6 discrete noteblocks, to one noteblock with 6 notes
could you try that, and Let us know the outcome :)
Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, to clarify each noteblock is composed of 16th notes, giving 96 notes across all the noteblocks (4/4 time).

If I create one large noteblock with all these notes in them as you suggest the same problem persists.

EDIT: Also, is there a way to automate the tempo for a single instrument and not the entire song-editor?
RyanEdward wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:18 pm
one large noteblock with all these notes in them :: same problem persists.
O..k..
Then it gets more complicated, however VSTs has a setting that force the VST to follow the Host playback, it could be that the VSTs in question has a 'BMP clock' of their own, and that they do not comply to LMMS' BMP..
You find this option in Edit| Settings| General Settings: Synch VST to Host playback
Is that checked?
LMMS need to be restarted before the setting is active -afair...
is there a way to automate the tempo for a single instrument and not the entire song-editor?
Yes! All controllers can be automated. Any dial, slider or diode, all can be dragged into automation-tracks, and be individually automated.
Even all controllers in VSTs plugins can be automated!
Here you click the wrench button (below the folder-browse-button) on the VSTs UI
Read all about automation here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Automation
The 'Sync VST to Host playback' option was already active, so no changes there.

Also, opening up the 'wrench' icon for the VST does not show a 'Tempo' slider. Am I missing something here?

I notice many 'General Purpose' sliders that seem promising, however they aren't mentioned in the link you provided.
RyanEdward wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:57 pm
The 'Sync VST to Host playback' option was already active, so no changes there.
:| ratsch
Also, opening up the 'wrench' icon for the VST does not show a 'Tempo' slider. Am I missing something here?
I notice many 'General Purpose' sliders that seem promising, however they aren't mentioned in the link you provided.
Well in LMMS all the VST-controllers (sliders/ buttons -and Dials) they will all be represented as Dials, so even though you have an on/off button, or a slider in the VST, it will be represented as a Dial in LMMS!
Buttons are off 0..50 and On 51-100.
The button-array will represent all the automateable features in the VST. Currently x-y Pads, and parallelogram-type-controllers, cant be automated.
I have no explanation or solution for your lost notes, sorry
Well, as far as I can tell I cannot automate the individual tempo for this VST. Here is an image of the dials presented to me via the 'wrench' icon: https://imgur.com/a/XjYcpX0

Furthermore I'm not sure if automating tempo for VSTs works correctly either.

Thanks for your help!