Stopping midi keyboard recording snapping to the grid?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm trying to record some keyboard pieces for a song but what I record is absolutely different from what gets played back. It seems like the keyboard that's being recorded is snapping to the grid in piano roll.

Is there some kind of "free recording" mode that just records the midi as-is, rather than depending on the BPM, etc.?
njejeahjyes.. not so absolutely, but if you in piano-roll, sets Q 1/192 and notelength to 'last-note', then it is extremely close to freeform. I doubt you will be able to hear any difference.
I never had any issues, I set my midi controllers first, including the volume control on my keyboard to work with the volume control in lmms. In the midi controls I set the channel, and also the velocity to 127.
With this set, it seems everything I do on the keyboard, is the same in lmms.
I do a lot of midi work with lmms.
Sample of my midi work. You can hear my key velocities in this, along with my changes of tempo.
https://soundcloud.com/eino1953/death-waltz-cover

BTW I set my keyboard to two different channels the from middle C on the right side in on a different midi channel than the left side of the keyboard. I take full advantage of the midi controllers.
musikbear wrote:njejeahjyes.. not so absolutely, but if you in piano-roll, sets Q 1/192 and notelength to 'last-note', then it is extremely close to freeform. I doubt you will be able to hear any difference.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.