LMMS and NI Komplete10

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Does anyone on this forum know how to use all the awesome instruments in Native-Instruments Komplete10 with Linux Multimedia Studio? My son has been using LMMS for about a year and we got him Komplete10 for Christmas but can't figure out a way to import or use the Komplete10 instruments with LMMS. Both pieces of software work fine alone on his Win7 machine but he has been unable to sequence in LMMS with NI instruments or apply the NI instruments to any of his existing music.
I don't have any experiences with Komplete 10, but according to the product description it should possible to use these instruments via VST. So the Vestige instrument should be the way to go. In Vestige, you will have to load the particular VST plugin DLL. You will probably find them in the Komplete 10 installation directory.
Ken345 wrote:Does anyone on this forum know how to use all the awesome instruments in Native-Instruments Komplete10 with Linux Multimedia Studio? My son has been using LMMS for about a year and we got him Komplete10 for Christmas but can't figure out a way to import or use the Komplete10 instruments with LMMS. Both pieces of software work fine alone on his Win7 machine but he has been unable to sequence in LMMS with NI instruments or apply the NI instruments to any of his existing music.
The important thing to know about VSTs is that they are just DLL files when it comes to using them as instruments.

Browse for the location where the plugin is installed and drag the appropriate DLL in (pictured below). This may be in Program Files\Native Instruments\ or something similar (VSTs may install to different locations)

Future versions may have better support for adding plugins without the mystery of knowing where they are or how to add them, but for now you'll have to find the DLL file.

The software does have an instrument dedicated to this called "Vestige" which can be added via the Instrument section, but you'll still need to browse for the DLL, so the fastest way to get the VST instrument loaded is browse for the DLL in the sidebar and drag it in. :)

Attachments